photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

The Ten Dramatic Steps We All Go Through When The Only People We Text Get SOs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

OK, we have all been in a place where every single one of our best friends and only texters have significant others at the same time, leaving you to feel like a total loner! We have all been there. So, grab a pint of Ben and Jerry’s and some wine, and let’s reminisce on these dramatic times together.

1. At first, you are happy for them. You are like ok girl, good for you.

2. Then the realization kicks in and the texts slowly stop.

3. When they do text you, it is a very short-lived conversation, and you think to yourself “but I am fabulous too!”

4. For the next several weeks, every time you hear your phone go off you think it is them, but sadly it is an email or a text from your mother.

5. Next, you begin to contemplate why you even charge your phone, and start to wonder if anyone will help you choose your Instagram photos or captions ever again. What’s worse, you wonder what’s next.

6. A short time later you finally get the courage to tell them that you feel just like Snooki did when she got arrested. You feel sad, embarrassed and shook!

7. Alas, as a result of this conversation, World War Three begins.

8. Followed by the name calling and accusations of jealously.

9. Eventually, because you are friends, you do the friend make-up ritual.

10. But after it all, you realize all you want to do is become one with nature and to go phoneless.

Since you have no friends now, you should grab a pint of Ben and Jerry’s and binge watch some Netflix! That is until next time when you have a SO!

Hi, I'm Taryn and I am a senior at the University of Oregon. I have an unhealthy obsession to traveling and shopping. I also need to have fries and a glass of champagne a day to stay alive.
The official Her Campus Oregon account