Style Snapshot: Hannah Osborn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Hannah Marie Osborn

Major/Minor: Double major in journalism and public relations with a minor in business

Year: Senior

Hometown: Portland, Oregon

Zodiac symbol: Aquarius

Currently in Portland, interning for R/West and participating in the Portland Senior Experience, Hannah never disappoints when it comes to her fashion sense. As a respected blogger and public relations enthusiast, Osborn always brings a dash of good fashion with her. Hannah is known for her fun dresses, beautiful boots and curled redish brown hair. She is counting down the days to graduation when she gets to turn her fashion in a different direction and put on the green graduation gown.

Who is your style icon?

My favorite style icon will always be Blair Waldorf of Gossip Girl. She was always perfectly put together and exuded classiness and confidence.

How would you describe your personal style?

Right now, my personal style is all about transiting from a college student wardrobe to a professional one. I’m focusing on collecting quality work-wear basics while still incorporating my favorite college pieces into my office outfits.

What is your favorite piece in your closet, right now?

My favorite piece of clothing in my closet right now is a little black dress I purchased for my professional wardrobe. It’s a little on the dressy side, especially for the casual office where I’m currently interning, but it’s a great classic piece and fits me just right.

What are the top three items on your shopping?

The top item on my shopping list is definitely a dress for graduation! Other than that, I’m looking to get a few summery pieces that I can dress up for the office and down on the weekends, like a white blouse and a fit-and-flare dress.

Why are you passionate about fashion?

I’m passionate about fashion because I see it as a daily form of self-expression. I believe that when I put effort into looking my best, then I will feel more confident going about my day and garner more respect from others. I also love to design and sew clothes, but since I rarely have time for that right now, getting dressed each morning gives me at least a little room to get creative and play with my clothes.

What is your favorite style magazine?

My favorite fashion magazine is Lucky. I appreciate the focus they put on personal style and the approachable take they have on fashion.

What is your favorite color to wear?

I tend to gravitate towards neutrals more and more, but besides that my favorite color to wear is blue because it compliments my hair, eyes and skin tone the best.

Tell us about your blog!

I’ve been writing a personal style blog, Creativity in Doses, for over five years now. While school, work and internships have drastically affected the time I have to put into my blog lately, it is still one of my favorite hobbies and I plan to return to it as soon as I finish my final term of school! You can expect to see a lot more about my capsule wardrobes and the style transition from campus to career on my blog in the coming weeks.

Interested in follwing Hannah’s blog? Here’s her link:

http://www.creativityindoses.com

Full-time student at the University of Oregon expected to graduate from the School of Journalism and Communications in 2016. Majoring in Public Relations. I currently serve as the Chapter President of the UO Public Relations Student Society of America for the 2015-2016 school year and am a writer/photographer for Her Campus Oregon. Passionate for fashion, event production, and photography. Experienced in leadership, team management, and organization.
The official Her Campus Oregon account