This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

College life is extremely stressful. Classes alone are enough to stress you out, and lots of us are involved in extracurricular, clubs, sports, work, and have family and social obligations. Mental health is particularly strained in college, and it’s important to remain positive and take care of yourself.

Personally, I tend to overbook my schedule and don’t have time throughout the week to relax. So, I started a new routine each Sunday night to unwind from the previous week and recharge for the next. It’s super easy and can be modified based on whatever works best for you!

To start my night off, I check emails and respond to texts so I can put my devices away and not keep checking them throughout the night. I make sure my phone and laptop are shut off and away charging.

Next, I organize my planner and plan out my week. I bust out the colored pens and washi tape and make sure I know all my deadlines and obligations coming up. It eases any anxieties and makes it clear what has to be done.

Then, I start a load of laundry and clean my room. Clutter builds up during the week and it’s important to clean it up at least once a week so it gets taken care of. Plus having a fresh closet for the week makes finding cute outfits that much easier.

Then, I usually put on a face mask. Face masks are not only great for your skin –  they are relaxing and totally comforting. Plus, having a face mask on makes you feel pampered, and overall makes the night feel more like a self-care night.

I usually play some music while I’m having my relaxing time. Spotify has lots of mood playlists that you can choose from, or you can make your own! Also, lately I’ve been listening to relaxing music off of YouTube, works like a charm.

Journaling is another really good way to organize your thoughts and express yourself. You can write how you are feeling, your goals, funny memories, to do lists – anything. I tend to get all my thoughts jumbled up in my head, and find that writing out all of my problems makes them tangible and more manageable.

Right before bed, I read a chapter of a book to unwind and relax. It can help you wind down right before bed, and make sure you’re staying up to date on all the good reads!

These tips can make you feel more prepared for your week. Make sure you take time for yourself!

Hi I'm Hannah! I'm currrently a sophmore majoring in journalism and political science at the University of Oregon. I am a coffee addict and love to watch classic movies with my dog. I am a part of the U of O mock trial team and am a huge follower of politics. I love to write and am a total book worm!
The official Her Campus Oregon account