An Open Letter to Myself in 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Dear 2018 Sareena,

Your 2017 was full of challenges and uncomfortable situations that have forced growth upon you. And I hope that 2018 is full of plenty more! 

The most important lesson I’ve learned this year, is that the most growth happens when we are uncomfortable. I have thrown myself into so many roles, changes, scenarios that scared me but through them, I conquered my fears and allowed myself to truly grow! 

I have accomplished more than I could have imagined with the help of my newfound confidence in my passions, and dreams. I hope that 2018 brings you even more happiness that you create for yourself, without the purpose of affirmation from others. 

Anyone reading this, hoping to find a tiny piece of advice for their 2018-selves, let your instincts guide the way!

I’ve learned that listening to my own wants and needs, guides me in the right direction. Now is your time to create a life that you are happy and proud of, so ring in 2018 with your dream-self in mind! Knowing that you are capable and ready to push past your limits, is the first step to achieving all that you have strived for.

So, push yourself and be the you, you dream of! 

Sincerely, 

An excited 2017 gal

Sareena graduated from the University of Oregon in 2020 with a Bachelor's degree in Social Science and minor in Nonprofit Administration. She is a certified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor who creates inclusive fitness experiences where every body and mind can feel proud of their accomplishments! She is currently a full-time personal trainer and coach in Southern California! Sareena hopes to empower Her Campus readers with her voice and chronicle the realities that comprise post-grad life.  You can find her on instagram, @seedswithsareena. If you want to try one of her workouts, find Seeds with Sareena on Youtube!
The official Her Campus Oregon account