Nearly Naked: Bathing Suits We Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

As the sun returns to Eugene, we head to our closets to dig into what will most likely be a large part of our summer wardrobe: the swim suit. You’ve put the work in all spring, and now you’re ready to show it off. To get the best fit and style possible, consider your body type. Below we will show you how to flatter a small chest,
curves for days, or an athletic build in your summer uniform.

If you are curvy:
If you have the blessing of curves, go for a retro, pin-up style suit, like this one from Mod Cloth. It will give you the amount coverage you desire, while still highlighting your assets.

If you have an athletic build:
While you may not have the bust or booty of a curvy girl, you have the benefit of a lean body that will work with many styles of suits. Halter tops and hip-hugger bottoms will compliment your shape the best, like this tribal print suit from Forever21.

If slender is your shape:
If you have a slender build try this year’s biggest trend, a fringe bikini. Women with a large bust will draw too much attention with the fringe. Try this fringe suit from Urban Outfitters.

Rebecca is a senior at the School of Journalism and Communication at the University of Oregon. She is currently studying photography and magazine journalism. Hailing from the mountain town of Bend, Oregon, Rebecca values being outdoors, staying active, and the beauty in simple things. She loves seeing what other people are exploring in their fashion and finding new trends. Rebecca is a lover of all things creative, spontaneous, stylish, and interesting.