Ian Schneider ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Name: Ian Schneider

Hometown: Eugene, Oregon

Major: Pre-Business Administration

Year: Sophomore

Relationship Status: Taken

What is your favorite hobby? I love to snowboard. Love it.

How would you describe yourself in three words? I’m pretty chill.

What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? I was thrown through a window once. That was pretty crazy.

What is the last movie that made you cry? Ha. Toy Story 3. Oh I choked up a little during The Notebook once… but just choked up.

What is your favorite TV show? I’m really addicted to How I Met Your Mother right now. That’s really funny. Neil Patrick Harris and Jason Siegel are really funny in that. And the girl from American Pie is pretty cute too.

How would you describe your ideal date? Laid-back and low maintenance. I’m a simple guy and I like simple things. Anything that is just fun and simple. Something that involves food is always good.

Are there any specific qualities you look for in a girl? Looks are what draw you in, but the personality and sense of humor are what make you stay. And a good cook – a good cook is very important.

What are the biggest turnoffs when it comes to girls? I really hate fake laughs and cake faces. Too much makeup just looks unnatural.

What confuses you about girls? What doesn’t?

Who do you have a man crush on? James Franco. What a stellar dude. He’s a freaking genius.

Any advice for the freshmen girls? Have a good time but don’t make a fool of yourself. Just take it easy and you’ll win. Oh… and always watch your drink!

Serena Piper will always be a Southern belle at heart, but for now she is a Senior Magazine Journalism student at the University of Oregon. She is an avid news reader and watcher, loves to bake yummy desserts and watch Sex and the City reruns, has big travel plans for after graduation and would eventually like to work for National Geographic. She wouldn't mind one bit if her life echoed Elizabeth Gilbert's in Eat, Pray, Love. To find out what Serena is up to, check out her blog and follow her on Twitter