This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

It’s that time of year again where you take a step back, reflect on the past year and turn those reflections into resolutions. One of the most common resolutions we make tend to be geared towards our health and wellness. We all know we should be eating more vegetables every year, but there are always those nights when you have cravings for foods you know you shouldn’t have and should stray away from, and for me, that impulsive craving is usually pizza. 

Rather than having another salad or veggie bowl for dinner, my body would might rather indulge in a wood-fired pizza with a crispy crust and warm toppings melted together. Pizza doesn’t necessarily have to go against your resolution of eating healthier and having a veggie-filled diet, so I’ve compiled my top 3 healthy vegan homemade pizza recipes for all of my pizza lovers who are mindful about their health and want to indulge in their cravings.

These homemade plant-based pizzas will satisfy your taste buds and are great alternatives that will make you feel guilt-free, decrease bloat and feel a lot better in general. I hope you enjoy my vegan pizza picks for the night!

Simple Tomato Sauce & Veggie Pizza

This is a simple and classic favorite vegan pizza. Its gluten-free, made with a garlic-herb crust from Trader Joe’s, topped with a tomato sauce (my personal favorite is the Muir Glen Organic Tomato Basil pasta sauce) and for more of an intense flavor, you can also add the Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes. Add a ton of veggies of your choice and sprinkle some vegan parmesan cheese on top and you have a simple and deliciously satisfying pizza. 

Easy Pesto Pizza

Pesto pizza is by far one of my favorite types of pizza. It adds a whole different kind of flavor compared to a red sauce base on the crust. This easy pesto pizza recipe can be made with the same garlic-herb crust from Trader Joe’s, a super simple vegan pesto base made with walnuts and you can skip the meat and cheese and go straight for the vegetable toppings for a quick pizza dish that will leave you craving more.

Green Pizza with Herbed Vegan Cashew Cheese

If you’re trying to squeeze in an entire day’s worth of vegetable servings into one dish, then this pizza recipe is for you. This green pizza made with herbed vegan cashew cheese is a refreshing and delicious way to eat your greens on top of pizza. Pick up a ready made pizza crust and toppings from a local grocery store and this recipe should only take you about 20 minutes to make. This pizza is packed with delicious greens and flavor between the garlic, the lime, balsamic vinegar, the avocado and the variety of baby greens. 

Hi! I'm Savannah Mendoza, a senior studying photojournalism at University of Oregon. Photography has always been one of my passions and I also love hiking, smoothie bowls, cats and going to the beach. I'm excited to continue to grow and learn about photography and writing through the opportunity of Her Campus.
The official Her Campus Oregon account