This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Getting out of your comfort zone is perhaps one of the most important things you can do for yourself when you’re in college. Saying yes to things you normally wouldn’t, trying things you have never done, and pushing the limits is what this time is all about. College is a great place to find yourself and I think one of the best ways to do this is to break off from what you’re used to.

For many of us, this is one of the last chances we have to be heavily involved with new activities around our campus. After graduation, most of our focus is going to be on building our careers and there is nothing wrong with that. But we might as well take advantage of all the opportunities we have right now. Putting yourself out there is what it’s all about. Many of us wish we had more time to do the things we love, so why not start doing them now? Maybe you want to join a sports team, take an art class, or be the president of a new club. Whatever it is that you have wanted to try, you should!

Most schools have intramural sports, clubs, and organizations that you can get involved with. Right now is the perfect time to focus on bettering yourself and that starts with pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone. You should always work towards your goals and try new things. If it turns out it’s not for you, at least you can say that you tried. College goes by fast; enjoy all it has to offer while you can. 

source: flickr.com

The official Her Campus Oregon account