This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Being productive during the best week of the term can be challenging. The temptation of spending all your time catching up with friends leaves you to start off the term slightly behind. With winter term and spring break behind us, I want to plan for Week 1 of spring term by getting organized and ready for the next (hopefully) successful 10 weeks.

Getting a planner

Planning is truly the one thing I would not be able to get through a day without. Each night I make a to-do list for the next day and it helps me structure what I need to get done versus what I want to do. I always make time for my wants but it also helps me prioritize my needs.

Setting goals

Goal setting at the start of a term is a great way to keep yourself on track. I know I’m going to have a hard term with all my classes, so I want to set goals for both academics and personal aspects of life. 

Cleaning your closet or desk

It’s proven that cleaning out your closet or desk can act as therapy for starting fresh. I plan to do this at the start of the term so I can feel a sense of refreshment.

Do what you never have time for

Take Week 1 to get out and do what you never get to do. If you’re a busy gal who is always swamped with commitments, but always want the luxury of strolling through the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art, go stroll.

Week 1 is the perfect time to set positive intentions for the term. I guarantee that starting off productive and positive will make your term feel a little more easy-breezy.

Sareena graduated from the University of Oregon in 2020 with a Bachelor's degree in Social Science and minor in Nonprofit Administration. She is a certified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor who creates inclusive fitness experiences where every body and mind can feel proud of their accomplishments! She is currently a full-time personal trainer and coach in Southern California! Sareena hopes to empower Her Campus readers with her voice and chronicle the realities that comprise post-grad life.  You can find her on instagram, @seedswithsareena. If you want to try one of her workouts, find Seeds with Sareena on Youtube!
The official Her Campus Oregon account