stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fitness Guides for Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Eating healthy and getting fit has become increasingly more popular for woman of all ages. But we all know it’s easier said than done. The hardest part is finding the motivation to get off the couch and be proactive. Getting fit and being skinny are two completely different goals. With social media being so prevalent in people’s everyday lives, specifically young women are harming their bodies to become this perfect image of what society has created.

It can be intimidating at times to be working out at the gym surrounded by men lifting weights. I know that I am not the only one that feels awkward when you can’t figure out how to work a certain machine. It is important to be happy in your own skin before trying to make changes for the acceptance of others. Over the summer I started following a few fitness and health blogs. I guess you could say it’s never too early to strive for that perfect bikini bod right? At least that’s what Kayla Itsines talks about in her blog.

Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide

Kayla Itsines, a 23 year old from Australia, has transformed into a fitness icon for a lot of woman in the United States. She has been featured in the Cosmopolitan, Hellomagazine.com, Shape and a few others. Her brand has skyrocketed since she finished her personal training course a few years ago. She is able to reinvent your shape and find tricks that target fat loss in all the right places. Rather than just having an end goal, she breaks down her cardio techniques and workouts specific for each week. If you’re not interested in spending money, she has a week free of workouts and a free timetable that can be downloaded right off the website.

Kelsey Byers Fitness

“It took me two to three months of consistent healthy eating to increase my metabolism and transform my body. Just be patient and trust the process.” -Kelsey Byers

Eating healthy and working out consistently may not be the easiest transition to get used to. Getting your ideal body can’t just happen overnight; it takes commitment. Not only will it force you to stay motivated, but also keep your body nutritious. Kelsey Byers highlights the importance of having a clean meal plan. She is convinced that 80% of the results are made in the kitchen. Unfortunately for us, it might be time to get rid of those sour cream and onion chips sitting in the pantry at home.

No matter how slow your progress may be, at least you are one step closer to your goal than you were yesterday. 

The official Her Campus Oregon account