This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Want to spice up your breakfast routine? Sick of the same old cereal day after day? Well then you need to update your most important meal of the day. Breakfasts are usually pretty boring for me on weekdays. When I wake up late on a cold winter morning and am rushing to get out the door for my 9 am class, preparing a nutritious healthy breakfast is the last thing on my mind. However on the days I do take time to eat one of the following nutritional breakfasts, I feel stronger, more energized and ready to take on the day! Try one of these three easy healthy breakfasts!!!

Overnight Oats

These oats are my absolute favorite breakfast meal. Usually I am not a hot oatmeal person. It takes too long to make, and am never impressed. However this oatmeal is packed with nutrients, and vitamins and is the ultimate grab and go breakfast since it is eaten cold and made the night before. Make it the night before for the easiest, healthiest morning treat.

• ½-mashed banana
  • ½ cup steel cut oats
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1-tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1-teaspoon ground flax seeds
  • ¼ cup raisins
  • 2 tablespoons flavored Greek yogurt (this is the sweetener, if you use plain yogurt make sure to add some honey if you like)
  • Dash of cinnamon, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice

In a cereal bowl mash the banana with a fork. Add everything but the almond milk and mix well. Add the almond milk and thoroughly mix. Cover with plastic wrap. Put in the fridge overnight or up to eight hours.

*TIP: try adding a spoonful of peanut butter or topping with freshly sliced strawberries

Upscale Waffles

Craving something sweet? Try your own wild Off the Waffle creation at home with this simple breakfast delight!

• 1 healthy waffle: Vans 8 Whole Grains or Kashi 7 Grain waffles
  • 4 strawberries sliced
  • 1-tablespoon nut butter
  • Drizzle of honey

Prepare whole-wheat 8-grain waffle as directed in a toaster. Spread on peanut butter evenly. Arrange strawberry slices onto, and drizzle with honey.

Avocado Toast

Looking for something on the savory side that is heartier than other breakfasts? Try this easy avocado eggy-toast! This is a classic combination. Creamy avacado and fresh fried eggs make for a scrumptious snack. When in doubt-put an egg on it!

• Whole wheat English muffin
  • ¼ avocado
  • Dash of salt and pepper
  • 1 egg

Toast whole-wheat muffin. While English muffin is toasting add a small amount of butter to a hot fry pan that was on medium/high heat. When butter is hot. Crack an egg into the fry pan. When brown on the bottom, flip the egg onto the other side and turn off the heat. Leave on for 30 seconds so that the yolk is slightly cooked through, but still runny. To assemble take the toasted English muffin and mash the avocado and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with fried egg.

Bonus: slice the egg with a knife to let the yolk run. Voila

Rachel is a Junior at the University of Oregon studying Journalism, Advertising, and English. She is on the writing team for HCO. She aspires to become an editor of a fashion magazine, a food writer, or creative strategist at an advertising firm. Rachel has always loved the freedom of writing and loves all things creative, makeup, fashion, food and Art History. When not studying for school, she enjoys the beach, traveling, dancing, and eating Nutella.
The official Her Campus Oregon account