This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

The cure to the news blues is comedic relief.

This past Saturday marked Trump’s 100th day in office, a ‘milestone’ he had been emphasizing the importance and impending success of since before his presidency began, at least up until now. One week prior to the 100th-day mark, Trump tweeted, calling it a ridiculous standard,  “No matter how much I accomplish during the ridiculous standard of the first 100 days, & it has been a lot (including S.C.), media will kill!” Fabulous.  If you are part of the 73.5 million Americans who voted against Trump, these past weeks have been emotionally exhausting. It seems I can’t have one morning without Trump penetrating every news outlet. Part of me wants to stay actively aware, while the other half wants to hibernate for the next four years. However, because I have not mastered the talents of bears and believe we cannot just ignore what’s going on, I have found a way to balance the ugly. Comedic relief. Late night talk show hosts have been lightening this dark time. It’s a nice break away from the news without completely tuning out the world.

Here’s a short list of my favorites:

1. Full Frontal with Samantha Bee 
  2. The Daily Show with Trevor Noah 
  3. Real Time with Bill Maher 
  4. The Late Show with Stephen Colbert 
  5. Late Night with Seth Meyers 
  6. Last Week Tonight with John Oliver 
The official Her Campus Oregon account