Campus Profile: Lauren Rauen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Name: Lauren Rauen

Hometown: Orange County

Year: Graduate Student

Major: Interdisciplinary Studies – Focusing in Sports Marketing, Psychology, and Dance

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

LR: I’m a full-time student and I take classes in three areas of study. I work at the Oregon athletic ticket office and this is my second year coaching the University of Oregon Club Sport Dance Team. This is my first year as the head coach.

HC: How old were you when you started dancing?

LR: Three years old.

HC: What’s the hardest part about being the Club Dance Coach?

LR: I get along with the girls on the team so well that sometimes I would rather just be their friend. I find that balancing the two relationships can be challenging.

HC: What are you most excited for this season with the dance team?

LR: I’m excited to travel with the dance team to Orlando, FL for UDA Nationals. It’s the largest collegiate dance competition in the nation.

HC: What is the hardest part about moving to Oregon from California?

LR: The climate change is hard since I’m from Southern California. I had never had to buy a winter coat or rain boots before I moved to Oregon. 

HC: What is your favorite spot in Eugene?

LR: Tacovore because the food they serve reminds me of street tacos from home. They have good food and even better margaritas.

HC: What do you hope to do after you graduate?

LR: I would love to work for a college athletic department. I like being surrounded by young adults who are driven in both their academics and athletic pursuits. If that didn’t work out, baseball is my favorite sport, so working for an MLB association would also be amazing.

HC: What is your favorite accessory?

LR: I like wearing baseball caps because they tend to keep the rain out of my face.

HC: What advice would you give to an incoming freshman?

LR: My advice would be to get the fullest college experience by going to sporting events, making new friends, and creating connections. 

The official Her Campus Oregon account