Campus Cutie : Shannon O’ Flaherty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

This week’s campus cutie is a vivacious, adventure-seeking sorority woman, with arguably the coolest hair ever. Here’s Shannon O’ Flaherty!

HCO: Why did you choose the UO?

I applied to UO because my sister really wanted me to, so I did. I got accepted and looked further into what the school had to offer and liked what I saw. It came down to UO and CU, but after watching the ducks make it to the national championships and seeing how much pride everyone had by saying “I am a Duck,” I knew that becoming a Duck was the only choice for me.

HCO: What is your major and why did you choose it?

Human physiology, because I want a future career in the medical field and I feel like this major would lead me towards the direction I want to go.

HCO: How are you involved on campus?

I do a variety of things: I am in the sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma, I am on the UO Triathlon Club team and serve the role as the club’s fundraiser coordinator,  and I also intern at Bowerman Sports Science Center.

HCO: You’ve traveled abroad; what is the greatest memory you made in Ireland?

The best memory of Ireland is drinking pints of Guinness and singing along to The Killers with my friends in a small bar in Galway.

HCO: How do you like to spend your weekends?

My weekends usually consist of a bike ride or long run in the morning, homework or napping in the afternoon, and then some drinking shenanigans with some close friends once the sun goes down.

HCO: What qualities do you admire in a guy?

The qualities I admire in a guy are intelligence, good style, a caring attitude, and lastly someone who loves exercising and wouldn’t be afraid of doing a casual 10km run with me.

HCO: What would you consider the perfect date?

Being the active person I am, I would say my perfect date would be some kind of fun adventure.

HCO: Who is your celebrity crush and why?

Bode Miller because he gets Olympic medals in alpine skiing and still parties like there is no tomorrow!

HCO:  Who is your role model?

I have two role models: My grandma, because she taught me that loyalty and honor shows strength.  My sister is also my role model because she has taught me that people should never be allowed to decide how far you can go in life.

I am a senior at the University of Oregon! I love to run, play soccer and hangout with my roommates. Typical college chick stuff! I am excited for my future in either journalism or advertising, I'm majoring in both!
The official Her Campus Oregon account