This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Meet the sweet, sassy, ever mystifying Sammy. This campus cutie can be found the art museum, Townshend’s, or exploring all the hot adventures spots Oregon has to offer.

Name: Sammy Gripe

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Clayton, California

What is your favorite part of Oregon?

The outdoor opportunity! When originally applying to college, one of my main priorities was choosing a place where activities like camping, snowboarding, kayaking, hiking, (etc.) were easily accessible. Oregon is absolutely stunning and I love exploring it. Portland has a lot of dogs, I really like that too.

How do you take your coffee?

With lots of cream and sugar, and two espresso shots. I don’t sleep.

Who are some of your favorite music artists?

My favorite music artist of all time is James Vincent Mcmorrow. His first album was mainly folk, singer-song writer music, but his most recent album delved into the realm of experimental music with a R&B influence. He’s brilliant. I’m also really into James Blake, The Kooks, Allen Stone, Years & Years, Vampire Weekend, James Morrison, Outkast, and Banks.

Who are some of your favorite contemporary artists?

It’s always changing, but as of late I’ve been really interested in JR. He’s an anonymous street artist searching for social reform through global platforms created to share untold stories and personal identity. If you’ve ever seen huge black and white portraits pasted to city buildings, odds are it’s JR’s work or work influenced by him. Search up his Ted Talk, he’s tight.

Describe your dream vacation:

Switzerland! It’s a dream of mine to backpack through Europe and spend my winter season living in a ski lodge immersed in the Swiss Alps. Hot cocoa and fuzzy blankets ‘til I die.

What’s one thing you wish you knew before entering your freshman year?

I wish I knew everyone was in the exact same boat and felt just as terrified as I did. Freshmen are all on the quest for friends, and odds are your fear of rejection is much greater than the amount of judgment your peers pass.

Elissa is a sophomore studying Arts Management at the University of Oregon. In addition to being senior editor of Her Campus Oregon, she is recruitment coordinator and campaign co-director for Climate Justice League, a member of Music Industry Collective, and works as a barista. When she's not hiking or watching documentaries, she's creating collages and dope Spotify playlists. In the future she hopes to travel the world and work for a major music festival. 
The official Her Campus Oregon account