Campus Cutie: Megan Dougherty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie, Megan Dougherty!

HCO: Hometown?

Eugene, OR.

HCO: What is your favorite movie, and why?

Pride and Prejudice because it is beautifully simplistic and perfect to watch on a rainy afternoon with a cup of Earl Grey tea.

HCO: Which three words would you use to describe yourself?

I would like to think of myself as friendly, caring, and hard working.

HCO: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

I’ve traveled several times to volunteer in Bolivia and I would love to explore more of South America. Maybe Brazil or Argentina.

HCO: Most admired quality in a person?

I admire people who are truly convicted and passionate about what they believe and intentionally live out their life in a way that reflects these beliefs.

HCO: If you were stranded on an island, and could only bring three items, what would they be?

A hammock, the Bible, and maybe a puppy to keep me company.

HCO: Where do you see yourself in ten years from now?

Ten years from now I hope to have a family, be living either here in the northwest or somewhere abroad in Latin America, while writing stories that make a difference.

HCO: Favorite song of the moment?

Currently, the Spanish version of “Bailando” by Enrique Iglesias is getting me through my midterms.

HCO: What is your favorite college memory thus far?

I live in a Christian co-op house off of campus along with 44 other girls. Some of my favorite memories are laughing late into the night with these lifelong friends.

HCO: And finally, if you had to eat at one restaurant in Eugene for the rest of college, where would you choose?

Mazi’s! It’s a cozy environment and the rolls are amazing!

Rachel is a Junior at the University of Oregon studying Journalism, Advertising, and English. She is on the writing team for HCO. She aspires to become an editor of a fashion magazine, a food writer, or creative strategist at an advertising firm. Rachel has always loved the freedom of writing and loves all things creative, makeup, fashion, food and Art History. When not studying for school, she enjoys the beach, traveling, dancing, and eating Nutella.
The official Her Campus Oregon account