Campus Cutie: Avery Wright

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Name: Avery Wright

Year in School: Freshman

Hometown: Studio City, California

Major: Psychology

HCO: What is your favorite thing about Eugene so far?

One thing that’s cool here that I can’t do in LA is I can actually jawalk. It’s so nice! Some people will actually slow down and stop for you, but if you do that in LA, you’re roadkill.

HCO: What do you miss most about home?

I really miss my kitties! I’m such a cat lady, I love cats. But I also miss the sun!

HCO: Your favorite dorm food?

Big Mouth Burrito! I’m usually not about the meat, but the beef there is so good.

HCO: What is your spirit animal?

I would have to say a monkey because I’m always doing stuff that I shouldn’t be doing. It’s always something that I know is going to get me in trouble, and I try to sneak past it, but it never works out in my favor and I always get caught.

HCO: What advice would you give your 16-year-old self?

Probably to stop caring so much about what people think of me. It’s just typical of high school life to care so much about the littlest things. Looking back on it I just wasted so much time worrying about things that didn’t even matter.

HCO: What kind of music do you like?

It really depends on my mood! I tend to learn towards alternative/indie, but I can also turn around and listen to more electronic stuff.

HCO: What’s your most embarrassing moment?

Well this one time in second grade I was running backwards super confidently and then tripped over my shoelace, fell to the floor, and broke my arm. It was like a movie scene. Also, another time, my friend and I were riding our bikes and we got this genius idea to hold hands while riding. It turned out to be a not genius idea because we completely biffed it and I fell clear over my handle bars. To make matters worse, the whole scene played out in front of the high school’s varsity lacrosse team… total hotties. They asked me if I was okay and I tried to play it off, but in reality I was dead inside and covered in blood. But other than that I’m pretty oblivious to my surroundings in general and I always end up saying things that are totally inappropriate in a given situation. 

University of Oregon student taking everything as inspiration.
The official Her Campus Oregon account