The 7 Best Things to do for your Mother on Mother’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

1. Call her!

As little as it sounds, it’s a huge gesture. She’ll love hearing your voice and hearing how much you love her — not over text!

2. Send flowers.

This one will forever touch anyone’s heart. You don’t have to order the most expensive ones out there, but sending a little bouquet will make her day.

3. Send an email to her work email.

It’ll be a great little surprise in her inbox! And it will absolutely make her so much happier than another work email.

4. Leave her a post on her Facebook.

Post a cute/funny/throwback/hilarious picture to her wall, add in some loving words, and thank her for absolutely everything she has done for you.

5. Send her a hand-written card.

In the mail. Like, the actual physical mail service. It’ll say so much more than a little text, I promise.

6. Bake her a cake.

If you’re close by, of course. But this one’s always a good one. Cakes are yummy, happy, and make people utterly content.

7. Give/Send/Tell her you’re giving her a million hugs no matter how far away you are.

Moms love hugs. So do you! No matter how much you can try to deny it, a mom hug is always the way to go. And letting her know you understand that will mean millions.

A proud UO duck who loves to bake, eat, and photograph cupcakes. She also enjoys hiking, laughing, listening to jazz and cello, and all things that have to do with the winter and snow.
The official Her Campus Oregon account