3 Things to Know About The Zombie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

As per usual, Starbucks has amazed us yet again with another one of their specialty seasonal drinks. This time was a Halloween-inspired drink called the Zombie Frappuccino, colored green with purple piping and purple whip. The flavors of this concoction were caramel apple and a mocha berry drizzle or sorts. The drink was like nothing I had ever tasted before, and I don’t think I want to ever taste again. I’m sure I will be trying all of the other seasonal drinks in the future, because who doesn’t have fear of missing out, right?! Here’s what I learned!

1. It will make you feel like a legit zombie

Normally I’m one who is all for the sweets, I usually love their other sweet drinks on the Starbucks regular and seasonal menu. But this drink was so so sweet it left me in a sugar coma.

2. Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

Every time Starbucks releases a new specialty drink they always have the potential to set themselves apart. In my opinion, the flavors that were chosen were both very strong on their own, and when mixed together it was a very sickeningly sweet drink. The caramel apple flavor alone was good and most likely could be a yummy drink on its own. I think if they had done a matcha frappuccino with the berry drizzle that could have been interesting. I’m sure Starbs will not let us down for the next seasonal drink.

3. Looks Aren’t Everything

The promo image for this drink looked absolutely amazing, but the real-life version was somewhat of a letdown. The real look also doesn’t do a great job of distracting from the price ($5 for a tall is kinda pricey, just sayin’). As you can see in the photo below, my drink looks like a blur of light green and purple in comparison to the intriguing bright green and dark purple of the promo add. Kind of a let down to be honest.

Hi there! I'm glad you made it to my page! My name is Gillian George, and I am a junior/incoming senior at the University of Oregon. I am currently getting into the Advertising program of the Journalism Major and have a minor of business. Writing and photography are my two biggest passions in life, I have been taking portriats for  a few years now and I am trying to create a small business out of it! I love talking to people and helping people with any sort of situation. I grew up surrounded by my family who all work in the medical field, and I enjoy educating people on womens health so if you have any questions feel free to ask away! I also love food, traveling, and a good mystery television show or movie!
The official Her Campus Oregon account