21 Topics Only You and Your Roommates Discuss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Sure, we love our friends, significant others, and family. But when it comes to those who know you best, there ain’t no one else in the world who can compare to your roommates. They’ve seen your ups and your downs, your good days and bad ones, and you’ve 100%, no doubt talked about some pretty iffy topics. Like what? Here’s what!

1. How often you actually do laundry.

Those jeans? Yeah, your roommates know you’ve been wearing them for two weeks straight.

2. How many times a week you eat pasta for dinner.

It’s just so easy! And not too terrible for you, right?

3. How excited you are for Christmas… In August.

Only you and your roomies understand that it’s never too early to sing Christmas carols. That countdown going on the wall has been there for months now, too.

4. Whether or not you’ve eaten vegetables in the past decade.

What are those things? Carrots? Peas? It’s been so long, you can’t even remember, honestly.

5. How clean your room is.

Is that the floor? Oh no, it’s another layer of clothing.

6. If you’ve ever eaten an entire bag of chips in one sitting.

Whether it’s Costco size, regular size, or 15 of the baby bags… It’s all totally possible to eat the whole thing without getting up.

7. Whether or not you had cake for breakfast.

Hey, if it’s still on the counter from the night before, it’s totally fair game.

8. Whether or not you’ve baked and eaten an entire batch of cookies in a day.

There are just those days where you’re craving a cookie. Or 12.

9. Being too lazy to fold your clothes, so they just sit on your floor/bed/desk.

Why put them away if you’re just going to where them again, right?

10. How often you let the garbage overflow.

That waterfall by the sink? Yeah, it pretty much just stays there.

11.  The time, consistency, and overall success of each trip you take to the bathroom.

No information is too much information when it comes to your roomies.

12. Your health issues.

Chronic sinus infections? Irritable bowel syndrome? Lactose/Dairy/Gluten/Food intolerant? They understand, no problem.

13. When/What/How often you have done the dirty with guys.

Because they love to listen and you love to tell!

14. Your morning routines.

Shower for 45 minutes? Brush your teeth five times? Your roommates don’t mind.

15. How often you actually go out and exercise.

You haven’t been to the gym in three… decades. And they know, but totally don’t judge.

16. The amount of money you spend on coffee.

Yeah, it’s definitely more than you’d like to talk about with anyone other than them.

17. Your scariest booger/vomit/fart stories ever.

You all have those nights that you just have to share all those, well, icky stories. It’s just happens naturally, like your snotty sneezes.

18. The amount of money you spend on chocolate.

For five bars a week, at $3 each, that totals… Too much money spent on chocolate.

19. Each time you’re constipated.

Whether it’s via text or in person, your roommates are the first to know.

20. Whether your outfit works or not.

And they’re really the only ones who will be honest, thankfully.

21. How much you need one another.

Whether it’s making you a nice cup of tea, having a serious advice session, or just always being that person to respond to your text in an instant, your roomies are your go to people. There’s simply no one else who can compare!

A proud UO duck who loves to bake, eat, and photograph cupcakes. She also enjoys hiking, laughing, listening to jazz and cello, and all things that have to do with the winter and snow.
The official Her Campus Oregon account