10 Nail Colors to Try in Winter 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

By the time Winter Term comes around, most of us are feeling the drowsiness and dull colors that come from the Eugene weather. But one of the best parts of the change in season is getting to switch up your clothes, makeup, or even your hair. Once you begin trading in your tank tops for cozy sweaters and your iced coffee for a warm latte, do not forget to update your nail polish colors as well. The influence of all these Fashion Weeks and awards shows have provided us with the trendiest, warmest and most fun manicure colors that will go perfectly with every new, cozy outfit this winter.

1.     Essie Nail Polish in Good as Gold, $8.50

New Year’s may be over but it is never a bad idea to go for a shimmery nail color that catches the eye and acts as an accessory.

2.     Essie Nail Polish in Power Clutch, $9

Even on a gloomy day, this gorgeous and unique chrome color can be your silver lining that acts as a pick-me-up for your finger tips.

3.     Essie ‘Winter Collection’ Nail Polish in Borrowed and Blue, $9

Frost your fingers with this incredibly cute color. It is perfect for a combining with knit beanies and cozy sweaters.

4.     OPI Nail Lacquer in In the Cable Car Pool Lane, $9

A simple glass of wine paired with The Bachelor on Monday nights causes an instant warming effect, we all know and love. This nail color counterpart does the same with just the simplicity of a swipe, giving off a much needed splash of confidence and winter color.

5.     Red Carpet Manicure Black Nail Color in Sultry Starlet, $10

Inspired by the texture of leather, this inky color delivers as much edge as a biker chick.

6.     Butter London in Afters, $18

But for real, when isn’t a bold red a good choice? Your confidence will go from zero to one hundred.

7.     Deborah Lippmann Purple Nail Polish in Miss Independent, $18

This nail polish speaks for itself. Depending on where the light hits, this color can go from a deep, bold purple to a fun magenta.

8.     JINsoon Nail Polish in Kookie White, $18

Every winter, we wish for snow. This white polish will pair perfectly with your winter hopes and dreams.

9.     NARS ‘Iconic Color’ Nail Polish in Ikiru Blue, $20

This cool blue tone and multi-dimensional polish will frost your finger tips and add an icy finish to your nails this season.

10.  Dolce & Gabbana ‘Loves Fall – The Nail Lacquer’ in Jaipur Winter Blue, $27

Another great shade of blue for this season, this color has a bit of an attitude, simply welcoming winter with open arms.

Full-time student at the University of Oregon expected to graduate from the School of Journalism and Communications in 2016. Majoring in Public Relations. I currently serve as the Chapter President of the UO Public Relations Student Society of America for the 2015-2016 school year and am a writer/photographer for Her Campus Oregon. Passionate for fashion, event production, and photography. Experienced in leadership, team management, and organization.
The official Her Campus Oregon account