absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Best Places to Eat: Off-Campus Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Eating in the dining halls can become boring pretty quickly when you eat there for three meals a day, so try switching things up by exploring some of the great eats around campus. The best part about these off-campus suggestions is that you only have to go as far as Monroe to try them – which is like being on campus but with better food choices!

Cheesy Stuffed Burgers: Late Night Runs

Price Range: $

Most Popular Item: Bacon Lovers ($6.99)

Why it’s great: Cheesy Stuffed is a food cart that serves honest to God, good food. They are open super late, which is perfect for rough nights out with friends. Also, the prices are very reasonable, especially for college students who are trying to ball on a budget. If burgers aren’t your thing, they also have bacon cheddar fries, which are equally are amazing.

McMenamins: Date Night

Price Range: $$$

Most Popular Items: Santa Fe Bowl ($10), Pepperoni Pizza ($9/$22.50), Cajun Wraps ($12.50)

Why it’s great: McMenamins is a great restaurant for college students to take their significant others to because the venue is huge and the decorations are really cool. The food is great as well, and the prices are not too bad for a dinner date. Also – their Cajun Tater Tots are heaven. Just sayin’.

Café Yum: Lunch Break

Price Range: $

Most Popular Item: Yum Bowls! ($4.95 –small)

Why it’s great: This restaurant if for the health-conscious. Café Yum is so yummy that I forget I’m eating healthy. Not to mention they have been voted the best vegan/vegetarian restaurant in Corvallis!

There are some pretty great food spots in Corvallis, both on and off of Monroe. Have any favorites we left off? Let us know in the comments!

I am a sophomore, from San Diego, California. I dream of New York City, after I graduate. I have a kitten named Walter.