Campus Celebrity: Incoming ASOSU President Cassie Huber

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Name: Cassie Huber

Hometown: Turlock, CA

Year in School: Junior

Major: Communication

This week’s Campus Celebrity is our very own Associated Students of Oregon State University (ASOSU) President for the 2015-2016 school year, Cassie Huber! Here’s a quick Q/A to help you get to know her and see what she has in store for students next year.

HC at Oregon State: What are you involved with on campus?

Cassie: I have been involved with the ASOSU for over two years now, and I’m a member of Delta Delta Delta as well. I also am a volunteer youth mentor at Beaver Hangouts, a program dedicated to educating students from 4th-12th grade about higher education.

HC at Oregon State: What made you want to get involved with ASOSU?

Cassie: Being involved in high school leadership was really fun for me, but student government at the higher education levels was insanely intimidating. I was not sure I wanted to get involved in an extremely political field such as ASOSU, but once I was in the program, I realized that we aren’t so narrowly focused: we actually do a lot of awesome programming work and student engagement. Being a part of such a spectacular team makes everything worthwhile as well.

HC at Oregon State: What goals do you have for OSU in the next year?

Cassie: My goals for this upcoming year vary from fighting the rising costs of tuition through legislative advocacy to having more interactive opportunities for students to get to know their government and what we do at ASOSU. We have big plans that will create a safe, inclusive and transparent organization that will hopefully entail engaging all students of OSU. The vision for a bright future will guide us to create the best ASOSU that OSU has ever seen.

HC at Oregon State: What’s your favorite part about OSU?

Cassie: I truly love the non-stereotypical aspects of our campus. No one is an exact fit under one category of being something or being a part of something–we are all Beaver Nation. Characteristics do not define our campus.

HC at Oregon State: What do you hope to do after graduation?

Cassie: I hope to someday go and work for the United Nations as an international advisor for development.

Be sure to stay up-to-date with Cassie and the rest of the ASOSU executive board next year, and stay tuned for next week’s Campus Celebrity!