10 Ways to Prepare for Spring Term

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

I know what you’re thinking. Spring Break is right around the corner so why I even think past that. That week always goes faster than you think it will though. Whether you’re staying in town to work or flying off to some exotic locale there are a few simple things you can do to prepare for the upcoming spring term.

1. Buy a planner.

What better way is there to figure out if you’re staying on track then with a planner? You can take notes, make lists, schedule tasks, and map out your day all in one central location. Sign up for the Erin Condren e-newsletter now & take 10% off your first order. They have the perfect monthly planner for even the busiest of college students. You can even get their matching markers and sticker sheet to make the process more fun!

2. Do some inspirational reading.

I recommend starting your reading with the latest issue of #ActuallySheCan. The magazine is part of the Actually She Can campaign to start a movement and dialogue around female empowerment. The hashtag and the magazine have created a social platform for these conversations to take place and through this content, events and experiences have been born. The campaign even has celebrities lining up to support the campaign such as Jourdan Dunn, a model who is known for speaking out to support causes and was the first black woman to walk the Prada runway in 10 years and the first to cover British Vogue in 12 years. If you’d like to get involved in the campaign (and boost your resume) you can even check out their mentorship program where you could help inspire tomorrow’s next female president, college professor, or professional athlete.

3. Take control of your health.

As a college student keeping track of your health can seem like one more task to add on to your to-do list. Do your laundry, finish your history paper, make a doctor’s appointment, and the list goes on and on. If you can schedule your appointments during spring break or even get them over with during syllabus week though you’ll feel a lot better going into the term. One particular problem you may have after jumping into tight bikini bottoms and sitting out in the sun over break is a UTI. If you’re feeling pain and discomfort down there, Cystex daily urinary pain relief tablets are the way to go. They are loaded with multiple powerhouse ingredients that can benefit urinary health such as Cranberry and Vitamin C just to name a few. Be sure to use our coupon for $2 off any Cystex product.

4. Try out a new routine for your hair.

During spring break or a busy school week it can be hard to find the time for a nice long shower to make your luscious locks shine. The best way to tackle this problem is with dry shampoo. No matter what new hairstyle you try out next term you can use our $1 off coupons for your own Psssst! tropical instant dry shampoo. It’s available in travel size so you can easily re-style your hair from a messy bun in class to a chic tousled look for going out to your favorite bar with your friends. Water not required just spray, brush and go for hair that feels and smells freshly shampooed! To show off your new look use the hashtag #freemanbeauties.

5. Fake a tan (if only for that week of rare sun).

To hack your way to a tan try out L’Oreal’s sublime bronze self-tanning towelettes and self-tanning lotion. They’re the perfect tools to help you in the quest to tantour your look. Who doesn’t want to look like they just got back from Cabo even if they’ve been stuck at home working over break? Oh and you’ll be skipping those pesky tan lines too. Who’s going to tell that the only body of water you’ve been to this break is the pool at dixon? No one. That’s who.

6. Mix up your beauty basics.

It can be easy to get in a rut with your makeup routine. You’ve been using the same mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick combo for years and it works well so why switch it? Jump out of that rut by changing up just one thing in your routine. Charlotte Tilbury, the world’s #1 makeup artist debuted her own beauty line in 2013. She was inspired by 90’s supermodels to create lipsticks to help make you feel more confident in your everyday life. The lipstick features her iconic square-angled tip designed to mimic a lip brush, the CEW award-winning formula enriched with orchid extract, and volumizing 3-D pigments. Not to mention her hot lips collection is available in Miranda May, Kim K.W., and Electric Poppy.

7. Clean out your wardrobe.

Whether you’re a freshman who went up a few pant sizes or a senior looking to gain more career wardrobe essentials before you graduate spring is the perfect time to refresh. Think about your wardrobe in terms of whether you still get use out of items, whether items still fit, and whether they reflect how you want to present yourself to the world. Juicy Couture is even bringing back their iconic tracksuit with a fashion forward twist. Make room for this stylish piece you’re sure to love.

8. Volunteer in the community.

Check out Volunteer Match for nearby opportunities to help out right here in Corvallis. You can volunteer at Heartland Humane Society walking dogs, help out at events at the Corvallis Benton County Public Library, or even check out virtual opportunities if you don’t have a lot of time but still want to give back.

9. Compare prices on school supplies.

My own favorite resources are SlugBooks and Amazon which helps you compare textbook prices across multiple sites with opportunities to rent or buy for a better deal. For other school supplies I would recommend cruising Goodwill and OSU Facebook groups. Plenty of students have extra pencils, binders, and folders just laying around. Take advantage of your network and don’t wait until you have to scramble to buy overpriced items at the bookstore. Not to mention the huge line you’ll have to deal with.

10. Find time to relax.

Whether it’s by taking a day trip to the coast or staying in for a bubble bath don’t forget to take time to relax before spring term. It can be easy to get caught up in assignments, work, and relationship drama but don’t forget to practice self-care. There are many ways to accomplish self-care so just find the method that works best for you. Think about using on-campus resources as well such as the mind spa at CAPS to get started.

Time to start thinking ahead collegiettes!

Madeline is a Senior at Oregon State majoring in Merchandising Management and minoring in writing. She was the 2016-'17 president of Chi Theta Phi, a local design sorority on campus. If she's not in class, at a club meeting, chapter, or writing, she's probably spending time with her family, friends, walking her dogs, eating junk food, or watching too many crime, comedy, or fashion shows on Netflix. She likes cheese, dogs, creative projects, obnoxious animal prints, garage sales, farmer's markets, and generally just being silly.