This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Fall has been in full swing here in Corvallis and now that we have all survived Halloweekend, it’s time to start breaking out the seasonal decorations! Personally, I am someone who does not believe it is the holiday season until after Thanksgiving. Then again, it is hard to decorate a dorm room for both fall and the holidays when we only have two weeks until everyone leaves for winter break. So, here’s a list of both fall AND holiday decorations for your dorm room so you can get into that seasonal feel (and also procrastinate on studying).

1. Glittery Autumn Leaves Garland

There are plenty of leaves that have fallen around campus, so grab a handful during your walk to or from class, mod podge the leaves, coat in fall-themed glitter, and hang them around your dorm room with string! Hint: Mod Podge can be found at the Dollar Tree!

2. Leaf Garland

Here is another cute leaf DIY that is easy to do with less of a glittery mess! 

3. Twig Candle Holder

This is another simple DIY project where you can find your supplies around campus. Find some sticks that have fallen off of trees, cut them down to fit a mason jar or candle holder and hot glue them on!

4. Flannel Pillows

Add a touch of fall or winter to your dorm room with this simple DIY project. And only for $3?! What a steal!

5. Tissue Paper Garland

These tissue paper pom-poms are currently in right now, and it’s easy to tell why. They’re festive and fun, not to mention that you can switch out the color of tissue to fit color scheme of any holiday this season!

6. Shower Ornaments 

This is a simple and festive project if you live in a dorm that comes with it’s own shower!

7. String Light Holiday Tree 

Don’t have enough room to have a real Christmas tree? No worries! Take some string lights and hang them from the ceiling in the shape of a tree, or you can zig-zag them up the wall in the shape of a tree.

8. Present-Themed Door

One way to let everyone in your dorm know you’re serious about the holidays is by decorating your door like a present! Who doesn’t like presents?!

9. Bow Wreath

Another way to decorate your door is by decorating it with a wreath! Cut out some cardboard in the shape of circle, and hot glue some bows on! There are tons of other holiday wreaths you can make if you’re not feeling the plastic bows.

10. Ping-Pong Ball String Lights

This last holiday DIY is simple, and would look great in a door anytime of the year! It requires plain string lights, ping pong balls, and something to cut the balls with.

What’s your favorite way to decorate your space for the holidays? Share below in the comments! 

Rebecca Holland is a 5th Year at Oregon State University and is majoring in Digital Communication Arts. She is involved on campus with the Student Alumni Ambassadors and Chi Omega Women's Fraternity. Rebecca has a car named Sasquatch which she has appropriately decorated in many Sasquatch related stickers. You can find her browsing the newest dank memes, eating pizza, and crying about her love of cats.  
Katherine Borchers is a Junior at Oregon State University and is majoring in Digital Communication Arts. She is involved on campus with Res Life and So Worth Loving at Oregon State. You can find her procrastinating real life responsibilities, drinking coffee, and procrastinating some more. When she procrastinates, she loves to sing loudly (not well, either), read books, and do artsy-fartsy stuff.