This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

The best 5 weeks of the year, filled with Netflix-binging, your favorite home-cooked meals, and no homework.

The feeling you get when you take your last final and it’s time to hit the road and go home…

When you finally reunite with your pets…

You forget you’re back home and you no longer have complete and total freedom to do whatever you want…

When your parents asked what you did all day and you pretend you were productive (even though we all know you finished another series on Netflix)…

You remember you haven’t actually done your Christmas shopping yet (having a full cart online doesn’t count)…

Extended family comes for the holiday and begins asking you all of the questions you’ve been avoiding yourself…

If you’re from Long Island, you know the answer to every “what do you want to eat” question…

New Years Eve rolls around and it feels like you’re back in High School again…

You think you can casually drink wine with your mom like you do with your roommates ‘til you remember you guys don’t stop until you’re out of wine…

Towards the end of break, the boredom really sets in…

But you remember the responsibilities once you do go back to school…

And then the excitement sets in that you get to see your best friends again…

Currently a junior at SUNY Oneonta studying Graphic Design. Born & raised in a small town on Long Island; I love pizza with ranch, my furry pets and napping. Find me on Instagram: @tfinds
Hey everyone! My name is Callan Fridgen, and I'm a junior at Oneonta State studying Communications with a minor in Public Relations. Find me on Instagram @callanfridgen