Wellness

What it Really Means to Live a “Healthy Lifestyle”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

It seems practically impossible to live a life like those fitness accounts on Instagram. I mean, who really has the time to make flavorful healthy meals every morning for breakfast? Not many college students I know! Yet obtaining a healthy lifestyle means so much more than having Instagram worthy meals and workout apps. Below are 4 tips for healthy living.

1. Make your bed in the morning: Although this may not seem like anything, in reality it is a huge deal. Regardless of whatever else happens during that day, you have already achieved something. You made your bed. Just by doing this simple task, you will feel more put together and ready to take on the day.

2. Ditch 3 big meals: Eating nothing else but three meals a day isn’t actually the smartest thing for your body. If you are hungry, listen to your body and eat a snack! Don’t try to hold off until your next meal. Try picking protein rich snacks like nuts, crackers and cheese, and hummus.

3. Buy new workout clothes: If you look good, you feel good. Treat yourself to some new workout clothes that you feel comfortable in. Feeling comfortable will lead you to feel motivated rather than embarrassed, meaning you will feel better prepared for that workout.

4. Keep going!!: This is the most important thing. If you slip up, have a bad day, or simply feel like nothing is happening, it doesn’t mean your entire healthy lifestyle is ruined. Keep going, keep working, and sooner or later, it will all become a routine!

Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!