This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Time flies when you’re having fun – the most understated sentence on the planet. The second? – if you blink, you’ll miss it.

I’m a second semester senior and as I’m writing this, I have 66 days, 16 hours, and 49 minutes until I graduate, but who’s counting right?

Bitter sweet is really the only way to explain the feeling of it, and what’s to come is exciting without a doubt, but I think I can speak for most of us when I say that it seems mostly bitter right now. At this very moment, I’m on spring break, thinking about the fact that the next time I come home from school, will be the last time I come home from school. How can it be time to leave behind the mug nights, the Red Jug happy hours, the Jimmy T’s open bars, and all the house parties? How can it be time to move out of a shitty college town house with my four best friends? How can it be time to say goodbye to some of the people we’ve seen everyday for four years? How can it be time to be a real person in the big scary world outside of Oneonta, NY?!?!

People say that college is the best four years of your life. And yes, they have been an amazing four years. BUT HOW?? How can the best four years of your life be over at just 21 or 22 years old?!

Well, it’s because we blinked.

Let’s rewind back three years. I can still remember the drive up to Oneonta; it was the longest three hours of my life I was full of excitement, nervousness, and anticipation. My car was packed with everything I owned, to the point where I couldn’t even see out the back window. Maybe that meant something – the fact that I couldn’t look back even if I wanted to.  

When I got there, everyone was in the same boat. There were kids and parents everywhere, unpacking things from their cars and repacking them into the little boxed dorm rooms that were our new homes. In that very moment, thinking about the four years ahead of me seemed SO LONG.

And then I blinked.

And here we are – senior year, just months away from walking across that stage and starting a new life of more responsibility and more opportunities, but less freedom and most likely less fun.  All I can say is that it’s been a great run. Thank you Oneonta, for packing endless laughs, tears, shots, and fun, into just four short years.

My name is Emily and I am from Westchester, New York. I am a Junior at Oneonta and I am a Communications Studies Major with Professional Writing & Advertising Minors.
Hey everyone! My name is Callan Fridgen, and I'm a junior at Oneonta State studying Communications with a minor in Public Relations. Find me on Instagram @callanfridgen