This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

The presence of the fall season has been evident in the city of Oneonta, New York. This city is the perfect place to take in the beauty of fall foliage with views of the Catskill Mountains. Even on the SUNY Oneonta campus, proof of fall has been noticed as the leaves on the trees around campus have started to transform.

Oneonta and surrounding areas offer unique and exciting ways to experience the beauty of this season. One happening occurs about 30 minutes away from Oneonta in the village of Cooperstown. A Fall Foliage Train offers rides starting at the Milford Train Station that allow people to experience the beauty of fall as the train passes through forests filled with orange and red leaves. According to the official website of Cooperstown and Otsego County, the train ride was “named one of the best places for foliage by The Today Show and Fodor’s!” Tickets cost $16 for adults.

Cooperstown is also home to Middlefield Orchard, which is open Monday through Saturday, July through October. At this orchard, people have the opportunity to pick a variety of stuff ranging from fresh berries to apples to pumpkins and to purchase fruit and seasonal jams. Hay rides are also offered. For more information please visit middlefieldorchard.com.

If you are looking to get into the spirit of Halloween in Oneonta, there is going to be a Ghost Hunting Class with Tina Breslau. Taking place on Thursday, October 12, at 6:30 PM, Breslau will be revealing how her team communicates with ghost and will share accounts of interactions she has experienced in haunted houses. Participants will also have an opportunity to use her team’s equipment. For more information please visit events.r20.constantcontact.com.

Upstate New York is the perfect place to experience one of the most beautiful season changes. SUNY Oneonta students, who come to study from local, regional, and international areas, should strive to take advantage of all the experiences that the city of Oneonta and the surrounding areas have to offer. 

Michelle is a junior at SUNY Oneonta, studying Mass Communications.
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).