Relax? Easier Said Than Done

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

If you’re anything like me, there are a hundred different emotions running through you as graduation soon approaches in just a few short weeks. We’re eager to see what is next, miserable that we’re soon leaving our friends, exhausted from homework assignments, and anxious that we have yet to find a job after graduation. It truly is a lot to handle at times.

Don’t be discouraged! All your hard work will soon be worth it once you land that dream job. BUT until then… I understand that this crazy time in our lives can be difficult; and when you feel as though you can’t handle anymore pressure, here are a few small healing practices you can take advantage of to release some stress off your shoulders.

1. Lavender, lavender, lavender.

When times are tough and I don’t think I can handle any more obstacles, I add a few drops of lavender essential oil to my diffuser to help keep my feet on the ground. Aromatherapy is real, people!

2. Jog it out

What better way to release your nerves and frustrations than blasting some tunes through your headphones and running away from your problems (literally)?

3. Keep yourself busy

As easy as it sounds, keeping yourself busy and taking your mind off of those applications can bring you some benefits. Take a day or two off from applying or perfecting your resume, and just enjoy the wonderful moments with the people around you.

I have heard time and time again from various people that the hardest part about finding a job after college is beating down the company’s door. So far, they’re right on the money with that statement! Though this process seems never ending, I am confident in my education, my skillset, and most importantly myself, and you should be, too. Once we get to introduce ourselves to that dream job working for that dream company, everything will fall right into place and it will all work out in the end.

We’ve Got This!

hcxo K. S.

Katherine Sanderson is currently a sophomore at SUNY Oneonta majoring in Communication Studies. She hails from a small town about 30 miles north of Albany, New York, where she began writing anything from poetry to short stories that express many of the things that she enjoys about life and love. Katherine began her writing career early in her high school education, first by writing for enjoyment, then challenging herself and entering different writing competitions. The American Library of Poetry has published Katherine in two of their book editions “Acclaimed” and “Discovered” in the years 2011 and 2013, which were two of her greatest writing accomplishments. For Katherine, writing is more than just a hobby, but more of a way to express her true self.
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).