Reds New Look:From Drab to Fab

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

This #OOTD is focusing on Red, SUNY Oneonta’s beloved mascot. Red has been rocking the same outfit for a little too long now and the whole school decided it was time for a makeover.    

Red’s new look:

Face: Red’s face went from a creepy cartoon dragon to a satisfying serpent! 

Smile: His unfriendly smirk turned into a fun sneer, which will be perfect when he is trying to intimidate the opposing schools at athletic games!

Fur: Red started out with a dirty not-so-red coat, but is now rocking some shiny, furry, bright new threads.  Red has even started sporting an Oneonta tank top. This is a huge improvement compared to the old poorly drawn  “O” that used to cover his stomach. 

Wings and Tail: Those huge old wings and obnoxiously long tail were finally cut down to the perfect size. No more hitting into students with every dance move and turn. 

Love what you see? Look for Red cheering on the students at all of our campus events! 

Sophia Pinciotto is a Junior at SUNY Oneonta studying Communications and minoring in public relations. Sophia was born and raised on Long Island and loves to workout, sing, and write!
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).