Not-So-Scary Movies For The Scaredy-Cats Who Still Love Halloween.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Boo! Did I scare you? If I did than I have a list of movies perfect for a scaredy-cat like you.  Fall is finally here so say goodbye to the warm weather and hello to sweaters, cider, and a spooky Halloween movie.

Here are some of my top pics to cuddle up with some hot chocolate and watch to get into the Halloween mood sans the nightmares.

Hocus Pocus: 

This cult classic movie is perfect for a night in with your best friends especially if you could quote the whole thing, “it’s just a bunch of Hocus Pocus.” Trust me, it will be playing on Freeform and Disney this whole season.

Nightmare Before Christmas:

This is another great Halloween movie that won’t scare you too bad, unless you are afraid of a cartoon Jack Skellington. This movie is also perfect if you are in the mood for some good Halloween tunes. 

Halloween Town:

“Let’s watch a Disney channel movie”,  Disney is notorious for these not-so-scary classics and Halloween Town is perfect to get all the Halloween spirit without all the Halloween scares.

Twitches:

Yet again another Disney must-see. You know what’s better than one cool witch? Two twin witches!

Casper:

You know you aren’t going to be scared when it’s a “Friendly” ghost, but it is still a fun spooky movie.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show:

This late night double feature picture show is another perfect sing-a-long movie, just a little less child-like and a little more… confusing? but still a great Halloween time flick.

Beetlejuice:

Don’t say it three times, but this typical Halloween tale is perfect for a spook and a laugh. Daylight come and he wan’ go home to watch this cult classic before Halloween.

It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown:

If you really aren’t in the mood for anything scary and more of a classic cartoon, Charlie Brown is perfect and probably playing on every channel this time of year so you have no excuse not to catch a glimpse.

Happy Watching, xo

Sophia Pinciotto is a Junior at SUNY Oneonta studying Communications and minoring in public relations. Sophia was born and raised on Long Island and loves to workout, sing, and write!
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).