My Experience with The God Diet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

My experience with the God diet all started when my suitemate and friend, Shanna Smith told me that she was thinking about trying a diet/cleanse. Especially with the food that SUNY Oneonta serves, she thought she needed to try to eat healthier things.  My other suitemate/friend Jennifer DeSantis and I told Shanna that we would do it with her, so she didn’t have to do it alone.

The God diet is a diet where you only eat things that are made from God, not man made. This diet is originally from the bible; Daniel fasted and only ate vegetables and drank water for a certain amount of time the first time he did this diet. The second time Daniel fasted, he cut out meats, wines and rich foods. I find this to be extremely interesting. I didn’t know about this event in the bible until I did some research on the diet.

At first, it seemed like a pretty easy diet but here at SUNY Oneonta, I knew it was going to be hard to find something to eat that is not man made. Shanna and I started the diet on Monday, March 18th and ended it on Tuesday, March 19th. Yes, we only lasted two days. It was a lot harder than we thought it would be. Shanna and I couldn’t eat carbs unless it was rice or grains. We couldn’t eat chicken with any type of sauce on it; it had to be grilled as well. The first day of the diet wasn’t as bad as the second. On the first day, I had oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, a salad for lunch and beef, zucchini and rice for dinner. It wasn’t a satisfying meal but I dealt with it anyway. That night, Shanna and I decided to go to Wal-Mart to get something we could eat. I got some fruit, carrots, walnuts, craisins and dried pineapple. We also thought it would be a good idea to buy some “Naked Juice.”

The second day of the diet was the day the diet was “worse.” It started off like the day before; I had oatmeal for breakfast, salad and rice for lunch. I got back to the room and Shanna said she was stopping the diet. My first reaction was, “why”. She told me, she didn’t feel well from drinking the “Naked Juice,” it made her feel nauseous. My response was to immediately throw my “Naked Juice” out as well. There are products called zinc oxide, ascorbic acid, and calcium pantothenate, which are produced from formaldehyde. Let me remind you, that is what they use to keep dead people from decaying and that the FDA doesn’t have to disclose it because it is a small amount.

We both decided to end the diet that night and went immediately to Applebee’s. Some of the major things I did not like about the diet were: I really missed having sweets, I am a person that loves chocolate and seeing cupcakes being served irked me, and I also didn’t like that everything we ate was very bland. Overall, it was a good experience and I am glad I tried something new and especially that I did it with friends.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2013/07/24/naked-juice-admits-its-not-so-natural/

http://www.inquisitr.com/1052439/the-god-diet-can-it-really-perform-weight-loss-miracles/

Hi my name is Samara. I am a Senior here at Oneonta. I am a Child and Family Studies major. Hope you enjoy my articles!
Hey everyone! My name is Callan Fridgen, and I'm a junior at Oneonta State studying Communications with a minor in Public Relations. Find me on Instagram @callanfridgen