This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

When I was a Junior in high school, I was dealing with some negative things in my life that took a toll on me. I wasn’t as happy as I have always been and I started to have a negative outlook on life. I was a hard person to talk to because of my hot-headedness. Thankfully, that is now all behind me and my future will be a promising one. An important aspect of my life that helped me deal with my problems, was a gift from my mom on my 17th birthday. The gift that she gave me was a box filled with uplifting quotes about life, moving on, romance, and many more. In general, receiving this gift filled me with happiness and positivity. I always was excited to pull a quote out in the morning and would share this with my friends via Snapchat. I still have a box of quotes to this day that I religiously use. The quotes have filled me with positivity that I didn’t think I’d be able to get back. I would now like to share with you a few quotes that have meant the most to me from this semester.

1. 

2. 

3. 

4. 

5. 

6. 

7. 

8. 

9. 

10. 

I hope some of these quotes may be able to bring positivity into your life. Everyone deserves to be happy, but sometimes it’s difficult to find it. Happiness is always in you, so you must take care of yourself in order to find it. Many people have different ways of looking at life positively, but maybe these quotes can be beneficial to some of you as well. All you need is paper, a printer, and a quote box and voila! Take the time you need for yourself and find your happiness!

HCXO, 

Emma

Emma Muirhead

Oneonta '19

Senior graduating from SUNY Oneonta with a B.S. in Communication Studies. 
Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!