Meet Music Creator DJ Drewski: Andrew Wooster

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Meet this week’s almost famous, creative and impressive student, and talented DJ: Andrew Wooster. Keep reading to learn about his exciting life as a student and music maker!!

Name: Andrew Wooster

Age: 20

Home location: Long Island

Major: Business

Year: Junior

Relationship status: In a relationship

Passion: Music

HC: “What got you started into making music?”

AW: “At 9 years-old, my cousin Adam introduced me to FL Studio and from there on, I taught myself the fundamentals of producing my own music.”

HC: “What is your ultimate goal for making music?”

AW: “I don’t have an ultimate goal because if I become known, successful or at all famous, that’s just a bonus; my goal is to do what I’m passionate about regardless of any outside thoughts.”

HC: “Who are your music inspirations?”

AW: “I was first inspired to get myself into music because of many classical rock bands such as U2, Aerosmith, and The Rolling Stones. Then I was later inspired by electronic house music DJs such as Deadmau5, Avicii, and Kaskade.”

HC: “Who is your biggest supporter?”

AW: “My dog…lol just kidding – my mother. But also my dog.”

HC: “What do you love most about making music?”

AW: “No matter what you make, no matter who hears it, or who criticizes it, if you think it is good then it is good. Period. Music is nothing but an opinion or preference, so as long as I’m happy with my music, I’m happy with myself.”

Listen to his new song here: Fade Away feat Dorian Lampl

Sophia Pinciotto is a Junior at SUNY Oneonta studying Communications and minoring in public relations. Sophia was born and raised on Long Island and loves to workout, sing, and write!
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).