Meet HC’s Own Vanessa Canavan!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Age:  20

Birthday:  June 2

Year:  Junior

Major: Childhood Education 

Hometown:  Westhampton, NY

Nicknames: Ness/Vaness

Favorite tv show: Friends!

Fun fact: I have four younger brothers.

1. What’s the main reason you came to Oneonta?  I’ve always wanted to be an elementary school teacher, and Oneonta is well-known for having a strong education program. 

2. What clubs or organizations are you involved in? I’m the head of social media on the e-board for our her campus chapter! Other clubs I’ve been involved with throughout college are ODK (leadership honor society), ski & snowboard club, education club, and hall government.

3. What is your biggest goal for the future? To be happy and accomplished (and to own lots of golden retriever puppies).

4. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go and why? Anywhere that has a beautiful beach, because I could use some sunshine and relaxation. 

5. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Pasta, hands down. 

6. Favorite off campus place to eat? Autumn Cafe is really good and has adorable outdoor seating! But, I’m always down for latte lounge & yellow deli too. 

Hey everyone! My name is Callan Fridgen, and I'm a junior at Oneonta State studying Communications with a minor in Public Relations. Find me on Instagram @callanfridgen