Important Reminders for When You’re Super Stressed Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.
  1. You’re not alone.
  2. Breathe. Things will work out.
  3. Prioritize your tasks.
  4. Take breaks, don’t wait until the last minute to do multiple assignments in between classes. By taking breaks, eating, watching TV, going out with friends, your brain will feel refreshed.
  5. Get organized. Buy yourself a planner & go through your syllabi so you know when things are due.
  6. Make sure that you are eating! Drinking lots of coffee might help you power through the day or night, but eating right is also very important!
  7. Exercise! Exercising is a great stress reliever.
  8. Avoid thinking negatively! You need to have a positive mindset & motivate yourself to get things done.
  9. Meditate. By taking a few minutes out of your day & listening to relaxing music while laying down or doing yoga, you can refocus & get back to working.
  10. Get a good night’s sleep. Nothing is worse than pulling an all-nighter just to continue doing work the next day. Make sure that even if you have a lot of work to do you are getting the proper amount of sleep.

HCXO, 

Jesika

Child and family studies major. Its Jesika not Jessica.
Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!