How to Spice Up Your Pinterest

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

For those of you who may not know, Pinterest is an online network where you can discover and share unique ideas. It allows you to have a clear visual as well as your very own page to save things you might find appealing. Pinterest has recently become popular, and will only continue to grow over the years. Primarily women use it, but the network is expanding its demographic greatly.

On the Pinterest website, there are various categories pertaining to interests. For instance, Food & Drink, DIY, Fashion, Home, and Health are just some among the many categories. You can explore the numerous things within these categories, and simply “like” or “pin” them. By doing this, you can revisit this idea and possibly use it in the future!

Here are some tips I believe are useful in trying to create the perfect Pinterest!

1. Create boards that can be more useful to you: For example, if you’re a college student, boards such as “Dorm Décor”, or “Food Hacks” would probably be more valuable! On the other hand, boards such as “Recipes”, “Home”, and “For the Kids” would be more beneficial to parents.

2. Follow individuals that share your interests: By doing this, your home feed will be filled with ideas that are more your style.

3. Find realistic pins: On Pinterest, there are many ideas that may seem easier than others. I suggest finding the easiest, or more practical. A certain craft may appear easy, however, it can require a lot of materials you might not be able to access. Make sure you open your pins and read into it!

4. Connect with fellow friends: In most cases, your friends will often share the same interests as you. Following them will allow you to see what they pin, and this may lead to you saving it as well.

5. Organize: Organization is key! Having your boards organized allows you to find things more easily, and will give it a pretty appearance.

6. Lastly, if you’re struggling to find some fun board names: “Nom Nom”, “Home Sweet Home”, “Health Kick”, “Bucket List”, “I Do”, “Oh, The Places You’ll Go”.

My name is Taryn DiRocco, and I'm a sophomore at SUNY Oneonta. I'm currently studying Communications with a minor in Public Relations. I'm from Smithtown, Long Island, and I enjoy pizza, the beach, Grey's Anatomy, and traveling. 
Hey everyone! My name is Callan Fridgen, and I'm a junior at Oneonta State studying Communications with a minor in Public Relations. Find me on Instagram @callanfridgen