The Hill City Grill Restaurant Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

When looking for a place to go out to eat with friends and family in Oneonta, look no further than the Hill City Grill. Located conveniently at 291 Main Street, this restaurant is the perfect spot for SUNY Oneonta students to celebrate special occasions or just enjoy a meal off campus. The Hill City Grill opened in December 2015, and has been offering take out and walk in service ever since. The staff at The Hill City Grill is proud to serve groups and walk-ins, so no reservation is necessary.

Walking into the restaurant, the atmosphere makes you feel as if you are no longer in Oneonta. Even though casual attire is expected to be worn at this establishment, the outside of the building gives a very modern feel. The restaurant is all black, featuring a wooden door, stone entryway, large windows, and a metal frame with flowers carved into it, displaying their menu. On the interior, there is a glass entryway, brick walls, and display shelves with decorative bottles, making the restaurant feel very classy.

Matching the modern feel of the grill’s design, the food consists of modern American style cooking. The Hill City Grill is also proud to say that everything served to customers is homemade. People have a choice of appetizers, salads, burgers, sandwiches, seafood, sides, and classics including homemade macaroni and cheese. For appetizers, a highly recommend dish is the Spinach Artichoke Dip that is beautifully presented with rosemary tostadas and is very flavorful. The seasonal special of Macaroni and Cheese Bites are also worth ordering, they come in plates of four, and the cheese tastes authentic, as if you are eating a bowl of macaroni and cheese. The only difference is that instead of coming in a bowl the macaroni and cheese is served in a crisp, fried casing. For dinner, the Bacon Cheeseburger, served with French fries is a must-get. The bacon is fresh, and the French fries are one of the best tasting fries in Oneonta. They are salty and a nice golden color, the perfect side to a high quality burger.

Although meals are a bit pricey, the servings are very generous and the food is presented professionally. In addition, the wait staff is polite and is willing to assist with any questions regarding the menu and give recommendations on what to order. If you are looking for a job, The Hill City Grill is also currently looking to hire. Visiting this restaurant is highly recommended to all Oneonta students.

Michelle is a junior at SUNY Oneonta, studying Mass Communications.
Hey everyone! My name is Callan Fridgen, and I'm a junior at Oneonta State studying Communications with a minor in Public Relations. Find me on Instagram @callanfridgen