Expectation Vs. Reality During Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Expectation: Staying out all night, and sleeping in everyday.

Reality: You have a ton of responsibilities like your job that starts tomorrow at 9 AM. Maybe you’ll get more than four hours of sleep.

Expectation: Seeing your friends all the time.

Reality: Staying home instead because everyone is too busy and you’re too lazy.

Expectation: Doing fun winter things like going to NYC or ice-skating.

Reality: It’s too damn cold outside and Netflix in your warm, cozy bed sounds a lot better.

Expectation: Stuffing your face with home-cooked meals, and anything edible you can find.

Reality: Your fridge is empty because apparently no one in your house goes grocery shopping.

Expectation: Hitting the gym everyday to work off all of the stress eating. Thank you, Dominos.

Reality: The only exercising you get is walking to the fridge that is still empty.

Expectation: Going out on the town to let loose now that finals are over.

Reality: Everyone wants to leave, and you spent two hours getting ready for nothing.

Expectation: Finally receiving the perfect gift that you have been lusting over.

Reality: Oh great, more socks.

Expectation: Finally getting that New Years kiss at midnight!

Reality: New year, still alone.

Expectation: So glad to be home away from school for a while.

Reality: I need to get back to Oney ASAP!

Enjoy your winter break!

HCXO,

Zerin

Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).