Eddie Redmayne: One of the Best Actors of Our Lifetime.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Eddie Redmayne is an English actor, model, and singer who has recently made it to stardom. Redmayne, over the last couple of years has really been making a name for himself. He’s my favorite actor and he should be yours too. Here’s why!:

He plays a number of different roles:

From playing Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything to Marius in Les Miserables and his latest role as Einar Wegener in The Danish Girl, Redmayne completely transforms himself into a great diversity of characters.

He fully becomes a character:

In The Danish Girl, Eddie Redmayne’s character is a trans woman. It was mesmerizing to see him transform in the movie. As a man with a wife and children along the way in real life, he really embraced becoming a woman and brought his audience to tears. In The Theory of Everything, Redmayne really studied and successfully portrayed all of the mannerisms involved with Lou Gehrig’s disease. When he becomes any character, he perfects everything down to the very detailed facial movements.

He can sing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqqSa9n2ZQk

One of his talents on his long list is his beautifully unique singing voice. This scene from Les Miserables especially gives me chills every time with his overall performance. Unlike most musical movies, all of the singing for Les Miserables wasn’t pre recorded. All of the singing for the movie was done live! Meaning that no lip-syncing was used at all! Which makes Eddie Redmayne’s performance even more impressive.

He’s been nominated and has won awards:

He won his first Oscar in 2015 for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role for his role in The Theory of Everything. Unlike most speeches at the Academy Awards, he got up on stage and started shaking because of how joyful he was to have won.  He also won a Golden Globe that year for that same role. This year, he was also nominated for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role for his role in The Danish Girl. He has also been nominated for MTV Movie Awards, other Golden Globes, BAFTA Awards, etc.

He’s so adorable:

He’s been called one of the most polite and humble actors in Hollywood by several other actors. His newly recognized talent is really exciting to see for the industry. And just look at him, he is SO cute!

If this article hasn’t convinced you enough that Eddie Redmayne should be your favorite actor, that’s okay! But he is definitely an actor worth keeping up with and keeping your eyes on. He is currently a part of the cast for the upcoming film Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them so take a few friends and go out to the movies when it comes out in November 2016!

Kathryn Fernandez is currently a junior at SUNY Oneonta. She is dual majoring in Music Industry and Mass Communications with a media concentration. Besides being an orientation leader for the school and the public relations chair for SUNY Oneonta's Ultimate Frisbee team, she is also a photographer, toast eater, book lover, inspired artist, and tea drinker. She's very excited to be a Chapter Advisor and a writer for the Her Campus community. Click on any of the links below to read Kathryn's articles. And If you would like to know more about her, check out her Twitter and Instagram @Kat8996.
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).