This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Name: Connor Chapman

Year: Sophomore (2018)

Hometown: Niskayuna, New York

Major: Meteorology

Relationship Status: Single!

HC: What is your favorite season?

CC: “The spring because everything is being born again. The birds are out and it’s getting warmer. it’s a beautiful time of rebirth in general.”

HC: Who is your favorite musical artist or band?

CC: “Jack Johnson. He’s so easy going and he sings about the happy and simple things in life. I feel like whenever I listen to him, I can’t be sad. I’m always happy when I listen to him.”

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

CC: “I don’t know, I don’t think that far ahead. Maybe forecasting the weather for a TV station. Maybe doing something ministry related. Definitely still playing my guitar no matter what. But I’m not sure. Wherever God takes me.”

HC: What is it like being an ATM on campus?

CC: “It’s such a good job. I get to be that liaison between the student and their academic future. They will come to me with questions for reassurance about an academic choice they are making. As an ATM, you get to be a little bit of everything. You get to be that person that’s able to walk them step by step. It’s great because you really get to have that one on one interaction and it’s cool to do it on a peer level.”

HC: If you could travel back to any time period, when would you go?

CC: “I would probably go back to the 1960s because they had really good music then. It was a slower paced time then. And to be there with the really great music would be incredible.”

HC: Do you have a motto or saying that you live by?

CC: “Yes, I love the quote ‘Be the change you wish to see in the world’ by Gandhi. I like it because it’s saying to don’t just speak. But to also act.”

HC: Why did you choose to go to SUNY Oneonta?

CC: “My sister went to Hartwick and I always loved the town. I was checking out Hartwick and I checked out SUNY Oneonta also. I saw that Oneonta had meteorology. It’s absolutely beautiful here and the people are wonderful. I’m really glad I decided to come here.”

Kathryn Fernandez is currently a junior at SUNY Oneonta. She is dual majoring in Music Industry and Mass Communications with a media concentration. Besides being an orientation leader for the school and the public relations chair for SUNY Oneonta's Ultimate Frisbee team, she is also a photographer, toast eater, book lover, inspired artist, and tea drinker. She's very excited to be a Chapter Advisor and a writer for the Her Campus community. Click on any of the links below to read Kathryn's articles. And If you would like to know more about her, check out her Twitter and Instagram @Kat8996.
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).