Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Oneonta Blog

The Graduation Playlist

By Lauren Amedeo
May 18, 2011 - 6:52pm

READ MORE

The Summer Playlist

By Tiina Lusi
May 17, 2011 - 1:49pm

Welp, its May 17th folks. You know what that means? LAST DAY OF FINALS!!! And now that that's over, we can finally begin the summer! Well, if you live outside of Oneonta maybe...have you seen it out there?! Its dreary and disgusting! Anyway, I'm not gonna let the weather take down my summer state of mind. I can't wait for laying in the sun, joy riding with the windows down, backyard barbecues....*sigh* Sorry, lost myself in the warm, breezy thoughts there! On to the real deal, today, this playlist is all about summer and kicking back. So enjoy, you've earned it! READ MORE

Beauty Boosters: The Basics Pt. 4 - Blush, Bronzer, and Luminizer

By Lauren Amedeo
May 14, 2011 - 7:43pm

READ MORE

The Study Break Playlist

By Lauren Amedeo
May 13, 2011 - 11:41pm

READ MORE

Yo Momma! A Mother's Day Playlist

By Lauren Amedeo
May 6, 2011 - 9:36pm

Aside from being the last weekend of freedom before finals, It's also the weekend of Mother's Day! Oh, our Mothers, they can be funny, caring, sometimes irritating, but in the end we always love them. Personally, I think my Mom is awesome; She's literally the older version of me.  This playlist brings together a collection of songs that celebrate those strong females in our lives Featured Song "You Are My Sunshine" - Lilliana Rose. I chose this song because its soft and delicate and it just reminds me of lullaby a mother would sing to you (awwww). 1. "Mama Said" - The Shirelles READ MORE

The Oldie But Goodie Playlist

By Lauren Amedeo
May 5, 2011 - 9:44pm

Are you guys freaking out about finals yet?  I should be, but I'm not yet (I'll be sure to make a playlist when I am though). So, in this little slot of time in between classes and finals I've been listening to some oldies and learning to make friendship bracelets (shut up, they're legit). It dawned on me that I really need to listen to more music before my time, because well, its really good. We don't show enough appreciation for the greats who paved way to the superstars today, but on this playlist these songs will get to live out their former glory. READ MORE

TERPS!

By Carrie Soltis
May 2, 2011 - 4:28pm

Come see probably the best dance show Oneonta has to offer with the performance of the TERPS dance team as they present "Lost in Time" this week on May 5-7 at 8pm. This show is an "America's Best Dance Crew" meets Oneonta type of thing and is something you definitely do not want to miss! READ MORE

The Disney Playlist

By Lauren Amedeo
April 28, 2011 - 11:00pm

Hey there y'all (yea, today I decided to be southern). Remember that post when I talked about all those 30 day challenge thingys? Well, it seems like ALL of my friends on facebook are doing the Disney challenge. Upon looking at many of the characters, I noticed songs from each character's movies getting stuck in my head. Seriously, I have "Go The Distance" stuck in my head right now. Which brings me to today's list. Disney songs are obviously catchy but they're also hopeful, insightful, silly, and full of genuine emotion. In short, they are full of awesome. So, here are ten Disney songs that I know we all hold close to our hearts (awwwww). READ MORE

Guest Music Playlist: Ashley C

By Lauren Amedeo
April 26, 2011 - 11:34pm

Today, HCers, I decided to change it up. I've been telling you the past few months what to listen to. But what about what you guys think? Well, I've enlisted the help of my friend and roommate Ashley (that's us in the picture, she's on the left). Ashley is a senior studying Earth Science and Art and is a part of Greek Life. When asked to describe her taste in music, she responded with a very descriptive "Oh, god....mixed?" Hmm, sounds interesting, Let's see what she picked as her top 10 songs   READ MORE

The "You've Probably Never Heard Of Them" Playlist

By Lauren Amedeo
April 13, 2011 - 10:06pm

You've probably seen them on campus, the artsy kids who look like they need a shower and scoff at you because you're probably only taking that philosophy class for Gen Ed credit. They pretend to like reading Emerson or Dostoevsky and just about had a conniption when Arcade Fire won a Grammy. Oh Hipsters, I kid, I really do love you (ironically). Anyway, I'm not really like that but I have to say they do listen to some great music. Well, now is your chance to say "I liked these songs when they were underground." READ MORE