Applying to Jobs as Told by Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

As for most of you, the first step of “adulting,” is right around the corner. The infamous, “what are your plans post-grad??,” questions are popping up in almost every conversation. It’s time to start thinking about the real world and applying to actual jobs with the degree you’ve earned with the help of one of the greatest sitcoms, Friends.

So you start by making an account for all the job listing websites, updating your LinkedIn, hiding your under 21 Facebook photos, and start your search!

Searching around and reading all the requirements and qualifications…

Trying to add everything you can in your cover letter to make you stand out to the company…

When you send in your application, you realize it says “70+ people have also applied to this job”

……But you apply anyway!

It’s been a few days of constantly refreshing your e-mails and voicemails in hopes to hear from a future employer

At last! You’ve finally heard back from a company!

After weighing out all the pros and cons, you decide to take the awesome opportunity because we all have to start somewhere​

Good luck to all of the seniors and juniors on your job search!

My name is Nicole Secular and I am from Long Island, New York. I am currently a senior at SUNY College at Oneonta, with a major in Communication Studies and a minor in Public Relations. Check out my articles! :)
Hey everyone! My name is Callan Fridgen, and I'm a junior at Oneonta State studying Communications with a minor in Public Relations. Find me on Instagram @callanfridgen