This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

New York Fashion Week is like no other. The sound of a million cameras clicking and the bright lights is breathtaking. But through all of the chaos, you have to make sure to stay calm, cool and collected. My favorite way to stay on top everything during fashion week is packing the essentials. Running around NYC in February is not as easy as it seems. Yes, we do make it look fabulous (obviously) but don’t forget to pack bandaids for those brand new shoes you pulled out for the most important week of the year! Here are some of my NYFW essentials:

1. Sneakers-

Don’t get me wrong I love wearing cute booties but sometimes a sneaker does a better job! It is important to look at your schedule for each day before the week begins so you can plan your outfits. I like to wear a cool sneaker on a day I know I will be running back and forth between shows. A sneaker is comfy yet looks super cute!

2. Water, water, water!

NYFW is so hectic that sometimes you forget to drink enough water. It may sound silly until you are sitting at a show under bright lights, with your winter coat still on, & you already had 3 conversations where your mouth is getting a little dry. Many of the venues provide water, but it doesn’t hurt to pack a cute water bottle for on the go!

3. Portable Charger-

How can we forget our phones? Extra phone charging cases and phone chargers are a must! Between pictures at shows, snapchats, Instagram stories & of course selfies, your phone is going to die quickly! Make sure to charge it the night before so you never have to worry!

4. Notebook-

If you’re like me I make sure to carry around a notebook to jot things down! Whether it be new collaboration ideas my boss has or inspiration from the shows. I like to make sure I am constantly writing things down so at the end of the day I can recap and report back to my boss what we did great on and how we can improve!

5. Calendar/planner-

I write everything down in my planner, I live religiously by it! But when it comes to NYFW I organize all my calendars in my phone. This way I have easy access to my calendar or quick emails, instead of flipping back through my planner. But if you do like to write things down here’s a cute option!

6. A cute bag-

So most importantly it’s fashion week so you want to be your best and a cute bag seals the deal. Finding a bag that fits everything is key while still looking cute!

Hi my name is Meghan Eberlein and I'm a senior at Oneonta! I am a fashion marketing major with a minor in women and gender studies. I love traveling, polaroids and ice cream! Feel free to follow me on instagram @meghan_ebe :)
Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!