59th Annual Grammy Awards Recap: What You Missed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Music fans all across the country gathered in their homes last night to watch the 59th Annual Grammy Award Ceremony. The show contained many tributes to legends including David Bowie, The Bee Gees, Prince and George Michael, performances by top artists, and was hosted by Carpool Karaoke’s own, James Corden.

Music is one of the most universal, unique and loved forms of art. All the Grammy nominees should be very proud of their accomplishments, either win or lose, because their art is special to so many different people who cherish their words, rhythm, and message.

Congratulations to those who went home with a Grammy in their hands. Some of the winners include:

Album of the Year – “Hello” – Adele

Record of the Year – “Hello” – Adele

Song of the Year – “Hello” – songwriters Adele and Greg Kurstin

Best New Artist – Chance the Rapper

Best Pop Vocal Album – 25 – Adele

Best Pop Solo Performance – “Hello” – Adele

Best Pop Duo / Group Performance – “Stressed Out” – Twenty One Pilots

Best Dance Recording – “Don’t Let Me Down” – The Chainsmokers ft. Daya

Best Rock Performance – “Blackstar” – David Bowie

Best Rock Song – “Blackstar” – David Bowie

Best Alternative Music Album – Blackstar – David Bowie

Best Urban Contemporary Album – Lemonade – Beyoncé

Best Rap Performance – “No Problem” – Chance the Rapper ft. Lil Wayne and 2 Chainz

Best Rap/Sung Performance – “Hotline Bling” – Drake

Best Rap Album – Coloring Book – Chance the Rapper

Best Country Performance – “My Church” – Maren Morris

Best Country Duo/Group performance – “Jolene” Pentatonix ft. Dolly Parton

Best Country Song – “Humble and Kind” – Lori McKenna, songwriter/ sung by Tim McGraw

I hope you enjoyed reading about the 59th GRAMMY Awards.

HCXO

Katherine Sanderson is currently a sophomore at SUNY Oneonta majoring in Communication Studies. She hails from a small town about 30 miles north of Albany, New York, where she began writing anything from poetry to short stories that express many of the things that she enjoys about life and love. Katherine began her writing career early in her high school education, first by writing for enjoyment, then challenging herself and entering different writing competitions. The American Library of Poetry has published Katherine in two of their book editions “Acclaimed” and “Discovered” in the years 2011 and 2013, which were two of her greatest writing accomplishments. For Katherine, writing is more than just a hobby, but more of a way to express her true self.
Anna is a junior at SUNY Oneonta, studying Fashion Marketing and Computer Art. She hopes to turn these studies into a career in the fashion industry in New York City. Outside of writing for Her Campus, Anna spends her time obsessing over eyebrows, embroidering, and talking about her dogs.