10 Thoughts Every Girl with Long Hair Has

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

1. I have to go out and buy more shampoo and conditioner already, I just bought some?!

That dreaded day in the shower when you realize you need more shampoo and especially conditioner.  You don’t really want to go out to the store and get more but you know what your hair will look like if you don’t.  It would be much easier if there was just an endless supply.

2. Ugh my hair still isn’t dry?!

So after I have made it through three of my classes and head to lunch, you would expect my hair to be dry right? WRONG! It takes forever to dry and if you put it in a braid forget it, it’ll stay wet all day.

3. Would I have gotten into my car today if my hair didn’t get stuck in the door, seatbelt or window?

This is one of the worst things ever because you don’t notice your hair being stuck until you’re already in pain.

4. OMG I really like that girl’s trendy, short hairstyle maybe I should get mine cut!

Then you take a minute to think and realize that you’ve already made that mistake.

5. I’m only getting a trim!

Goes into the salon, gets haircut, gets back in the car and runs fingers through my hair…Where did all my hair go?! I only said a trim! She took inches off!

6. If the end of my ponytail isn’t full of sweat did I even go to the gym?

Well a bun isn’t the most effective way to keep your hair up when you’re doing cardio, so ponytail it is… but then you start to sweat and your hair gets stuck to your back, face, and neck.

7. Messy buns are cute but how does everyone else get all of their hair to stay up?

There is so much hair! It’s impossible to just use one hair tie and make it look good.  Then the more hair you have the more it looks like a small fuzzy creature on the top of your head!

8. I need a hair tie. I can’t leave until there is one on my wrist!

You know you’re going to get annoyed at least once (more like ten times) before you need to put it up and get it out of the way, so a hair tie is a daily accessory.

9. UGH it’s windy out today!

That means I might as well not put any effort into making my hair look good today because I’ll just step outside and it will be all messed up.  The windblown hair looks they show you on TV does not look nearly as good in reality, it usually just turns into a tangled mess.

10. My hair is literally everywhere!

Like I said – everywhere! Constantly shedding and being left behind on coats, clothes, on my sheets, the shower… it’s a miracle I still have hair on my head!

Shea Murphy

Oneonta '19

Shea is one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC Oneonta Chapter! Shea is a senior studying Biochemistry at Oneonta. She is a self-proclaimed photographer and loves spending time with her friends and family. When she's not in the lab or studying you can find her outside staying active and enjoying nature!
Hey everyone! My name is Callan Fridgen, and I'm a junior at Oneonta State studying Communications with a minor in Public Relations. Find me on Instagram @callanfridgen