10 Reasons Why Our Friends Make the Best Valentines (as Told by Friends)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

As a blogger, I try to cater my writing so that it fits the liking of anyone who reads my work. This method makes Valentine’s Day tricky for an article to be published; there are some who love the day, and some who do not. While pondering this dilemma, I was struck with a realization: Valentine’s Day is not just a day for lovers. It’s a day to celebrate anyone you love. So this article goes out to my real soul mates: my best friends.

Here are 10 reasons why our friends make the best Valentines (as told by Friends):

1.    Because they are genuinely happy for you when you accomplish something.

There is no jealousy. No matter the circumstance, they will be there, supporting you and cheering you on.

2. Because there is no judgement. Ever.

I have finished an entire sleeve of Oreo’s while sitting next to my fitness-junkie best friend, and she didn’t utter one peep of disapproval.

3. Because you always have someone to snuggle and nap with.

There really is no such thing as personal space.  

4. And because random dance parties are a given.

Flail those limbs, girl!!!!

5. Because they understand  the embarrassment that occasionally accompanies bringing you out in public.

They have come to terms with and secretly love this.

6. And because most of the time, they join in with your silly antics.

Friends don’t let friends make crazy decisions alone.

7. Because they will tell you the truth, even if you don’t really want to hear it.

There is no acceptable reason to lie to a friend – they tell you  when you need to change those pants, re-evaluate that iffy decision, or stay in to get your homework done.

8. And because they are always there to listen to a much-needed rant.

Chances are, they need to let off some steam, too.  

9. Because they support your unorganized future.

By constantly reassuring you that you are not the only one feeling a little lost.  

10. And because, above all else, you know how much you mean to each other.

A special thank you to my girls, for being the best friends I could ever ask for. :)

Ali is a sophomore at SUNY Oneonta studying English Education. Her favorite pastimes include hanging out with her friends and family, the beach, listening to Jack Johnson, and curling up with a good book and a cup of tea.
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).