This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ole Miss chapter.

by Claire Biggerstaff

When my sister first suggested I watch Queer Eye, a show she claimed had brought her to tears, I was not sure what would be so great about another make-over television show; however, it only took one episode for me to fall in love with the Fab Five and the positive impact they are making.

I think everyone needs to watch this show, so allow present four reasons you should be watching queer eye:

1. It’s a reminder that you can always reinvent yourself

In this show they makeover the men’s homes, wardrobes, hair, and even their cooking habits; however, the biggest change is always in their heart. At the beginning of each episode, it is clear that the men have an emotional issue to work through and with the help of the fab five they always finish the show with more confidence. From lost hope in love, to fear of vulnerability and misunderstanding of social issues these guys can truly makeover anything.

1. It is set in Atlanta

This is one of my favorite parts of the show because I am from Atlanta. However, even if you are not from Atlanta you can appreciate the fun atmosphere the city provides for this city to take place in.

1. You Get Cooking Inspiration

Antoni teaches the men they makeover really simple recipes with a fun twist. Everything he teaches could easily be recreated right in your own home.

1. They approach social issues in a way that highlights unity not division

The five men giving the makeover always establish a meaningful friendship with the man they are giving the makeover to. Because of that friendship, when social issues come up, the conversations are fruitful instead of turning into an argument. The show has brought up everything from gender roles, to police brutality, to religion, and it is all in a multi-perspective way that highlights the innate human ability for compassion.

All in all, this show is great if you want to be uplifted and cry all the happy tears. It is a great reminder that we are all just looking for love and acceptance and that we are in control of our own destinies.

HC Ole Miss
Katie Davis

Ole Miss '18

.