Campus Fashion 411

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ole Miss chapter.

by Ella McIlvain 

No matter where you go to school when that alarm goes off in the morning the struggle is real to get up and get going.  One of the first things that crosses the mind is “what to wear today.”  The span of fashion seen on campus is great styles of all kind. Whether you are casual, comfy, sporty or chic we got it all strutting the sidewalks every week.

1. Athleisure

• Shorts 
  • Leggings       
  • Joggers         
  • Fitted hoodie         
  • Tennis shoes          
  • Sport tank/T-shirt

We see many girls these days rocking Lululemon, fabletics, Gymshark, and Athleta, taking the sporty look to an elevated level. Then we gotta give love to the classics like Nike, Under Armour and Adidas.  

2. Chic and hip       

• Jeans b.        
  • Skirt c.        
  • Dress d.        
  • Romper e.        
  • Fun top f.         
  • Sweater g.        
  • Accessories h.        
  • Sweet shoes

I must give credit to the girls who always are looking so hip for class in “real” clothes.  It takes a true love and flare for fashion to put yourself together like that for class. 

3. Team cozy comfy

• Sweatpants         
  • Big t shirt        
  • Sweatshirt         
  • PJ’s       
  • Slippers/ Uggs

We all love a good pair of soft and comfy clothes to lounge in and sometimes we have those days where we just gotta rock that look to class. 

4. Preppy casual

• Tennis skirt          
  • Sandals      
  • Sweater over T-shirt
  • Sorority wear

The trend of tennis skirts as regular wear has come about and I mark that as preppy. But they are so amazing and functional I must say.  If you wake up wanting to be casual, but cute at the same time this is a common half and half look. 

5. The classic “college” kid look

• T-shirt        
  • Sneakers         
  • leggings/yoga pants     
  • Some item of warmth
  • All mixed matched thrown together! 

If we are all honest we have all done this get up and throw on the closest thing near us and not take into account color or pattern or if it matches and throw your hair up and head out of the door perhaps in mismatched socks but it’s all good adds a little spunk to the day.  No matter what ends up on your body for your outfit of the day it really is whatever makes you feel comfortable and confident to win your day ahead. The various styles that scatter a campus contributes to the spunk and eclectic community of ladies on campus all with unique things to show.  How lovely.

SaveSave

HC Ole Miss